Search This Blog

Friday, September 6, 2013

2nd Company (No pictures yet, save 1)

      Before I get started, the picture is from a recent game I had with a few mates of mine. It was supposed to be part of the Arrakian Campaign, but this is the only picture I got from it all. Technical difficulties are a beech. I'll probably end up either repeating the battle, or reenacting what happened with my own forces. Moving on.

I began a project of mine as my numbers are filling out a little more. Second Company. Identifiable only by a red stripe on the armour.
After thinking about it for a while, the red stripe idea just didn't seem like it was enough. I began to go through my bitz box and my "Throwaway models bin" (Models that are broken an unsalvageable on their own) and scrapped up two platoons of Catachans. After some tinkering and kitbashing, I'd made a squad of troopers that looked especially rough. I liked the look, truth be told. Added personality. A type of Veteran-like look that made these guys look like they've seen it all. Armour that is beaten and battered, cyber enhancements, non-regulation looking uniforms. The works. These guys just look like they've seen it all, and don't care. I've determined that will be the look I go for with this company. Hardened Front-Line fighters. I will be able to post pictures as soon as the command squad is finished, so hopefully soon. I'm very very excited about how they've all turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment