Search This Blog

Friday, May 10, 2013

Battle Highlight: 9/May/13

Okay, so get this. Last night I played warhammer against some Black Templars/Space Wolves. Their Rune Priest ( SW librarian, I think) challenged my vet squad's leader to a duel. I accepted.

Fontaine managed to score not one but TWO hits against the librarian before being taken out of the fight. I just think that's outstanding! If I could've gotten one more roll in I could've killed his warlord with a sergeant!!

On a side note, my opponent did deep strike terminators behind my lines. Luckily I used FRFSRF and popped off about 50 Lasgun shots. Give or take some. The terminators were less than 12 inches away and oh man did they suffer for it. My lesson learned last night: Lasguns, in numbers, can destroy tactical dreadnaughts.

2 comments:

  1. Aha, one of my favourite Guard tactics. Invest in a bucket for full psychological effect when rolling FRFSRF volleys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that lasguns sometimes out perform special weapons in a pinch. Colonel Scipio is right, the psychological effect of well dug in gunline can deter even the most determined attacker. I like Al Raheim, he lets you loose a volley and then fallback to avoid an assault, paired with over-watch this can be a devastating combo that leaves your enemy flatfooted.

    ReplyDelete