Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013

WiP: Rasleigh's Raiders

So, I was sitting in my room eating mushroom and cheese Stromboli and watching Reign of Fire when an idea came into my head. I need storm troopers, I said to myself. So I looked them up and decided: wow that model looks stupid. I need an alternative. I need the Death Korps of Krieg. But how would I use them? Would I deploy as regular storm troopers, or give them a title? After brainstorming for about half an hour, Rasleigh's Raiders were born. They will be a squad of the Vatarian Marine Corps. I'll deliver full fluff for them once I finish the entire squad, I've got it written down, I just want to finish what I've got.


Not long after, my Krieg gentlemen came in the post, finally. Fun little fact about Krieg: the resin on the sprues is thicker than that on the actual model. This had led to many a broken foot, rifle, rifle stock, grenades, etc. nothing horrible, all was reglued with some effort on my part. It was quite irksome though. Painting the Krieg troopers wasn't so bad and except for a few nooks and crannies an even still a decent paint job was administered without much effort.

I only have a few pictures and they weren't taken with the best quality. I will try to get better quality pictures soon, hopefully tonight since it will be another warhammer thursday match.





While painting I wondered what would I expect a Vatarian marine to wear. Originally, it was going to be a grey coat with black trim and whatnot but then I realised: I'd be making a WWII German SS squad. So I went into brainstorming mode and doodled a few paint schemes. I thought maybe red with a white trim, but I thought it looked too much like English regulars from the 1700's. I did decide I liked the white on the model because it projected the opposite of a death Korps trooper. (The further it resembles the better) and I decided that since marines would traditionally be attached to a naval vessel , I gave them a blue overcoat with black boots and helmet. I made the mask nothing special, just a fray mask with a white hose. The overall effect, in my eyes, presented a professional, military shock force. I can't wait to see what that look like once they're all painted.

1 comment:

  1. I like your choice of colors, very striking and appropriate.

    ReplyDelete