Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Blood Angels vs Vatarian Guard: Round 1 Part 5 (Finale)

Turn Five
It was crunch time. My ally moved up her terminators and tore the infantry squad with the objective apart. My vets used their meltas and fried the chimera that had delivered the enemy squad. I got into range to use my psyker's lightening arc against the assault marines and the one time I finally use it and it suffers a Perils of the Warp attack, Killing it outright. The Tora fired its Demolisher cannon and killed off the rest of the assault marines. My remaining chimera opens fire on a scout squad and kills one.

The poor squad that were torn apart by terminator Bolter fire
From his position, Knight-Commander Zaros could see the allied terminators moving up against the Blood Angel's guardsmen that had secured the disc. When they opened fire, the men around the disc disappeared into a red mist. On the left flank about thirty metres out, the chimera that had dropped the enemy off was illuminated briefly as it turned into a pile of molten metal. He scanned his perimeter and noticed a new shell crater with assault marines scattered around it. A hush fell over the battlefield as the Blood Angels began pulling back.

Luckily for me it was around 22:30 and my opponent had to leave. He submitted and we shook hands and agreed to have a rematch. It was a fun game, not too demanding and it kept me on my toes. The lesson I learned from this game is defiantly don't underestimate the cover saves an aegis defence line can give you. A would also like to thank my ally, without her it would've been a bad time with those hostile speeders.

No comments:

Post a Comment