Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blood Angels vs Vatarian Guard: Round 1 Part 1





Knight-Commander and his routine
      It was mid afternoon in one of the many oasis' on the desert world of Maracha. Knight-Commander Zaros was personally leading the Legion's 1st Company on a patrol to secure the flank against aggressors. The patrol came across a mysterious hover disc and chaos ensued as the blood angels arrived to contest the ground.

                                                                        The Game
      The game was a simple Capture the relic game. The relic, or "Mysterious Hover Disc" was an old poker chip I had in my back pocket at the time. It was a 1400 v 1400 point game, on team 1 was myself and my Space Marine Allies. On team 2 was Blood angels with Catachan allies. Deployment was quick and we took the initiative.


Turn One
      


 First platoon moved up on the left flank with the Tora. Second platoon (mounted) rolled up in Chimeras down the centre area. Down range, the enemy Aegis line was visible with the objective inches away. The upside to this deployment was that though they were closer to the objective, there was no way they could take it without exposing themselves to my firepower, and if they got past that, my allies' terminators and land speeder. It wasn't long after our advance that the front of the enemy's line was in range of my longer-range weaponry. Since it was night fighting, they would have 2+ saves at the range I was at. Caution was thrown to the wind and I let fire with my weaponry. As I did, my ally also decided to unleash her assault cannons, missiles, and sniper rifles. Total, we scored three kills against a well dug in enemy formation.



No comments:

Post a Comment